Celebrate the Week of the Young Child!
Child Development Center celebrates April 22-28
The Child Development Center invites you to celebrate the Week of the Young Child April 22-28. The Week of the Young Child is a national celebration that takes place every year to raise awareness about the needs of young children and their families, and recognize the early childhood programs that meet these needs. We encourage you to celebrate the Week of the Young Child with us in the following ways:
- Donate to our Book Drive — April 22 - May 11
- We will be collecting new and gently used children’s books in donation boxes around campus. We will accept children’s books for all age groups as well as parent resource books. Your book donations will benefit the Child Development Center and local early childhood education centers with children from low-income families. See a list of donation locations.
- Wear a Purple Ribbon — Monday, April 23
- On Monday, wear a purple ribbon to show support for young children and their families. You can pick up a purple ribbon from the San Jacinto Child Development Center.
- Attend our Playground Celebration — Thursday, April 26
- Join us at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 26 for a celebration in the Comal playground. There will be refreshments and playtime, as we honor the University Federal Credit Union and University Co-op for their generous gifts to the Comal Child Development Center.
There will be other celebrations throughout the week. For more information: read Hara’s newsletter to learn about the book drive and activities at the Comal location, or read Julie’s newsletter to learn about activities at the San Jacinto location.