President's Strategic IT Advisory Committee (SITAC)
President Powers requested specific outcomes from the work of SITAC including:
- A durable and comprehensive strategic vision for information technology at the University;
- Guiding principles that align IT priorities with the mission, purpose, and values of the University;
- A prioritized list of strategic initiatives that address key policy and technology issues;
- Clear direction on campus-wide IT provisioning that resolves which IT services are provided to campus, and by whom;
- An IT governance structure and methodology that empowers the University community to achieve its academic, research, and business goals while controlling IT costs and maximizing efficiencies;
- A funding model that includes the necessary processes, framework, and accountability to weather changing economic times and maintain IT as an organizational competency for the University into the future.
Read the full committee charter.
Message to Campus
In a message sent February 3, 2009, the President directed the campus community to assist and support the Committee in fulfilling this charge. He requested a final report from the Committee by August 2009.