UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

How many additional hours beyond the required amount do I need for a foreign language minor?

6 hours of upper division foreign language, beyond the amount required as part of your liberal arts degree, is necessary to be eligible for a minor in a foreign language for most majors.  Some majors may require 9 hours of upper division credit to satisfy the requirements for a minor.  You can check the degree plan for your major here:  Degree Plans

Related Q & A
  • Does a C- count as credit for a foreign language class? And, if it doesn\'t, can I retake that class?
  • So I will need four semesters of Spanish if that is the language I choose?
  • After passing the American Government CLEP Test, will I still need to take GOV 312(L,P, or R)?
  • Can I take my government class on a pass/fail basis and it still count toward my core classes?
  • How do I know if I received credit for a class if I took an AP test?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?