UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

Can I take concurrent classes at another institution while enrolled at UT?

Yes. If you are officially enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts, you may take courses at another institution. However, if you are are considering concurrently enroll at another institution during the semester in which you plan to graduate, please speak with an advisor in the Student Division in Gebauer first. There are issues related to residency requirements and graduation certification deadlines which may affect your ability to concurrently enroll in your last semester. Also keep in mind when considering concurrent enrollment, you must meet other residency requirements (e.g., major, minor, last 30 hours completed, etc.) in your degree program. You must be enrolled in at least 12 hours of coursework at UT to be considered a full-time student. Grades earned in courses taken at other institutions are not calculated into your UT GPA. However, in order for a course to transfer, you must earn a grade of C- or better. You should check with the UT Office of Admissions to verify whether courses taken at other institutions are transferable, then see an advisor in your major department to determine whether the courses will apply toward your degree. Do not assume that a course will apply toward your degree just because you are told by the Office of Admissions that it will transfer to UT. Check with your advisor to be sure.

Related Q & A
  • Does taking 12 hours qualify for the semester Dean\'s honor list?
  • How does one gain upper-division standing?
  • Willl a pass/fail course affect my gpa if I pass?
  • How many times can I retake a class? Is two the limit?
  • Does UT summer semester GPA average into my overall UT GPA?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?