UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

Will I receive transfer credit for classes taken at other schools?

Grades earned in courses
taken at other institutions are not calculated into your UT GPA. However, in
order for a course to transfer, you must earn a grade of C- or better. You
should check with the UT Office
of Admissions
to verify whether courses taken at other institutions are
transferable, then see an advisor in your major department to determine whether
the courses will apply toward your degree. Don't assume that a course will
apply toward your degree just because you are told by the Office of Admissions
that it will transfer to UT.  Check with your advisor to be sure.

Related Q & A
  • Does taking 12 hours qualify for the semester Dean\'s honor list?
  • How does one gain upper-division standing?
  • Willl a pass/fail course affect my gpa if I pass?
  • How many times can I retake a class? Is two the limit?
  • Does UT summer semester GPA average into my overall UT GPA?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?