UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

How do I switch from full time student to part-time student?

If you are enrolled in fewer than twelve hours, you will be consider a part-time student. You may become a part-time student by registering for fewer than twelve hours or, depending on semester deadlines, dropping a course to go under twelve hours. Please be aware that the following may be affected when you have part-time status: financial aid, student housing and parent's insurance. Please visit with an academic advisor in the College of Liberal Arts to discuss your situation.

Related Q & A
  • Does taking 12 hours qualify for the semester Dean\'s honor list?
  • How does one gain upper-division standing?
  • Willl a pass/fail course affect my gpa if I pass?
  • How many times can I retake a class? Is two the limit?
  • Does UT summer semester GPA average into my overall UT GPA?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?