UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

Who should I contact if I have questions about financial aid?

The Office of Student Financial Services offers financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to attend the University. Financial aid awarded through the office may be gift aid, which includes grants and scholarships, or self-help aid, which includes student employment programs and long-term loans. Most financial aid is based on documented financial need, defined as the difference between the cost of attending the University and the financial resources available to the student. To apply for financial assistance, a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be evaluated for financial need. Parents and students may also be asked to submit a copy of their most recent IRS tax return. Applicants who have attended other colleges or universities are required to submit financial aid transcripts whether or not financial aid was applied for or received at the other institutions. Transient students who attend the University only in the summer session are not eligible for financial aid through the Office of Student Financial Services.

Related Q & A
  • What should I do if I am receiving financial aid and my financial situation changes?
  • What are the course-load requirements to receive financial aid?
  • What types of financial aid are available to students?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?