UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

In order to Pass/Fail a course do I need to have 30 hours in residence or do transfer hours count?

To take a course Pass/Fail, you need to be a sophomore (you need to have a least 30 hrs of college credit completed). College credit can include courses completed in-residence, transfer, dual credit, and credit-by-exam that has been claimed and posted to your UT record.

Related Q & A
  • What happens if I miss the pass/fail deadline? Can I still change it?
  • When is the deadline to switch a class to pass/fail?
  • Where can I see if I am taking a class pass/fail ?
  • How do I get approval from the dean to take more than the maximum hours in a semester?
  • What happens if I fail a class?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?