UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

What minors are available?

It depends on your major. Generally speaking, a minor is 12 hours of
coursework in a single academic field with 6 hrs of those being
upper-division. Some majors such as Plan II in the College of Liberal
Arts do not require an official minor. Other colleges at UT might not
require a minor at all.

Related Q & A
  • What undergraduate double (dual) degree programs does UT offer?
  • If I want to declare a second major within Liberal Arts, do I have to declare a second minor also?
  • What are the requirement to transfer into the business program?
  • Can I minor in finance if my major is in the College of Liberal Arts?
  • Can I double major with two majors from separate colleges?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?