UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

How do I return from a second (three-year) scholastic dismissal?

To return to the University after the three-year period has expired,
you must submit a written request to the Dean. You may not return
without the Dean's approval. You must also submit an application for
readmission to the Office of Admissions by the official deadline. More information about scholastic dismissals can be found here: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/student-affairs/academic-concerns/policies-and-appeals.php

If you are allowed to return after a 3-year dismissal, you must raise your cumulative GPA to a 2.0 (or the required minimum for continuance at the University based on hours attempted) OR meet the conditions of your SUCCESS agreement; otherwise, you will be placed on your third dismissal. Students on a third dismissal are not allowed to return to the University to pursue an undergraduate degree.

Related Q & A
  • If I take a summer course and my GPA raises, am I still on academic probation?
  • Can I drop a course and go below 12 hours while on academic probation?
  • Can I raise my UT GPA while on scholastic dismissal e.g. via University Extension courses?
  • If I am on scholastic probation, do I need to keep my GPA above a 2.5 for the summer session?
  • How can I raise my GPA after I graduate?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?