UT Wordmark
masthead The University of Texas at Austin The College of Liberal Arts The College of Liberal Arts

Ask Libby

Should I take the SAT Math Subject Test?

If you do not need to take Calculus and only want to seek credit for 3 hrs of Math, you can take the SAT subject test in Math I/II(http://ctl.utexas.edu/programs-and-services/student-testing-services/search-for-exams-by-type/) which awards credit for M305G if you achieve an appropriate score.

Beginning Fall 2010 an appropriate score on the ALEKS will be required to take most lower-division Math classes at UT including M408K, M408C, (or M408N), SSC302/304/305/306, M316, M303D, and M305G.  The ALEKS test does NOT award credit for any class; it is a test that assists with math placement and can be used as a learning component. An internal
website with ALEKS info is being developed and will be accessible in late April 2010.

Related Q & A
  • Where do I go to take the ALEKS test?
  • Do I need to take the ALEKS if I am taking M408L?
  • What if you are in a FIG and need to drop one of the classes, does that drop you out of the others?
  • What is ALEKS?
  • What is the schedule for summer orientation?
  • Attachments
    attachment No attachments were found.
    Wasn't this answer helpful enough ?