The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs works with the following committees:
Academic Planning and Advisory Committee (APAC)
Established by the dean of the college in September 2009 to assist in reviewing all departments, centers, and institutes.
- Douglas Biow (French and Italian)
- Sandra Black (Economics)
- Ann Cvetkovich (English)
- Philippa Levine (History)
- Nestor Rodriguez (Sociology)
- Daron Shaw (Government)
- Samuel Wilson (Anthropology)
- Jacqui Woolley (Psychology)
To provide suggestions, comments or to send queries to the committee, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy and Curriculum Committee (PCC)
Reviews policy and curricular changes, assesses college academic objectives, and makes recommendations on academic policies.
- Kirsten Belgum (Germanic Studies)
- Jason Borge (Spanish and Portuguese)
- Barbara Bullock (French and Italian)
- Pattie Epps (Linguistics)
- Cory Juhl (Philosophy)
- Randy Lewis (American Studies)
- Patrick McDonald (Government)
- Sharmila Rudrappa (Sociology)
College of Liberal Arts International Study Advisory Committee (CLAISAC)
Makes recommendations on the College’s study abroad programs.
- Kamran Ali (South Asia Institute)
- Michael Anderson (International Relations and Global Studies)
- Douglas Biow (European Studies)
- Charlie Hale (Latin American Studies)
- Mary Neuburger (Slavic and Eurasian Studies)
- Cherise Smith (African and African American Studies)
- Karin Wilkins (Middle Eastern Studies)
Language Policy Advisory Committee (LPAC)
Advises the college on issues related to language policy and pedagogy.
- Mahmoud Al-Batal (Middle Eastern Studies, Arabic Flagship)
- Deborah Beck (Classics)
- Cori Crane (Germanic Studies)
- Thomas Garza (Texas Language Center)
- Nancy Guilloteau (French and Italian)
- Melissa Murphy (Spanish and Portuguese)
- Michael Pesenson (Slavic and Eurasian Studies)
- David Quinto-Pozos (Linguistics)
- Rupert Snell (Asian Studies, Hindi Urdu Flagship)
Teaching Awards Committee
Advises the college on college-level and university-level teaching award nominations.
Teaching Awards Committee Members
- Theresa Jones (Professor, Psychology)
- Brian Levack (Distinguished Teaching Professor, History)
- Sean Theriault (Distinguished Teaching Associate Professor, Government)
College Promotion and Tenure Committee
Charged with making recommendations to the dean of the college on promotion and tenure cases.
- Representatives are selected by department chairs
College Academic Affairs Committee
Consultative and informational committee that meets monthly to discuss isues and concerns related to curricular policies, enrollments, course scheduling, and other matters related to academic and curricular affairs.
- Members are department chairs or their representatives