Special Funding Requests
Use this form to request funding for budget items for which you would like the dean’s support (e.g., special events, conferences, office equipment, etc.):
http://cola.webhost.utexas.edu/staff/forms_sec/sfr/index.cfm (UT EID required)
Please direct comments on the Procedures Guide to email@example.com
Tips or FAQs
- “Purpose For Funds”: Keep it simple; less is more. E.g., “Provide support for [conference name]” or “Provide support for Professor X’s travel to book launch.”
- If you have prior approval, note that under “Comments” and provide a description if possible. E.g, “Approved verbally by ____ on [date]” or “Approved by ____; e-mail will follow.” If you have already copied Emily Bailey on e-mail correspondence about this item, reference that e-mail by date here (“Approved by ____; e-mail copied to Emily on 11-15-08”). You need to fill out a special funding request even if you have already received approval for the item so that the request is in the Dean’s Office’s database.
- The “Summary Budget” is important any time the amount requested will be split between various line items (e.g., in the case of conference support).
- Make sure you direct the form towards the right Approver, according to the kind of support requested: Technology→ Dan; Student Division→ Marc; everything else→ Jamie.
- Fill out a special funding request as soon as you think you will need it. Typically, they take at least a week to review once they are submitted. The goal is to get the money to the correct account early enough so that you can use it for the purpose designated without needing to 'park' expenses in another account to be corrected later.
Last Modified: 31 July 2009