Governance: Procedures for Staff
The departmental governance structure needs to be reviewed every three years.
How It Works
- During the third year of an existing governance structure, the Dean’s Office will send out a reminder to the chair and the senior staff person that the governance structure is due to be reviewed.
- The department faculty must review and vote on governance before the last class day of the spring semester of the third year.
- After the governance has been voted on, the department sends its proposed governance document to the Dean’s Office (attn: Ann Carr).
The governance document and e-mail to the Dean’s Office needs to answer the following questions:
- What is your current form of governance?
- What is your proposed form of governance?
- On what date was the governance vote conducted?
- What is the composition or makeup of membership, i.e., number of full professors, associate professors, and assistant professors, as appropriate?
- Ann Carr will follow up with the department if there are any questions about the proposed structure.
- Notification of approval will be sent to the departments at some point during the summer.
Please direct comments on the Procedures Guide to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified: 22 September 2009