Third-year reviews are conducted on assistant professors in their sixth semester at UT Austin. They are normally conducted in the spring.
Please direct comments on the Procedures Guide to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips or FAQs
Key Things for the Senior Staffer to Know:
- Third-year reviews are due to the Dean’s Office on April 15 of each year. The review will consist of a short report (1-2 pages) written and signed by the evaluating body. The departmental chairman may wish to write a short cover memo for the report, but it is not required.
- In March, departments will notify the Dean’s Office of which Assistant Professors will be undergoing third-year review in the following year.
- In June, the Dean’s Office will distribute course instructor surveys and graduate student reports for all faculty included on the March third-year review list.
- In the fall, the Dean’s Office will send out a reminder of which Assistant Professors are scheduled for third-year review.
- In January of the third year, the Dean’s Office will distribute to the departments updated teaching reports for each of the third-year assistant professors.
- Leaves may delay a third-year review.
Last Modified: 11 September 2009