Dear Professor XXXX :
You have indicated an interest in exploring the options available to you regarding retirement at some point in the future. Retirement is a choice to be made entirely by you. As a University administrator, I cannot offer advice or express any opinion, but I can provide you with supplementary information to use as you consider your options for this very important decision.
Attached is information I hope you will find helpful. You should make a decision only after you have a thorough understanding of all options and have consulted with an attorney, as well as all appropriate offices/agencies/individuals as described in the attachments. If you conclude that one of the retirement options is appropriate for you, please advise me in writing of that decision, and the effective date. Until receiving such a letter, I will assume you are continuing in your current position.
With best wishes,
- College of Liberal Arts, Information for Faculty Considering Retirement
- The University of Texas at Austin, Handbook of Operating Procedures 3.06, Phased Retirement for Tenured Faculty
- HOP 3.06, Attachment A, Phased Retirement Contract (available at Handbook of Operating Procedures 3.06)
- HOP 3.06, Attachment B, Phased Retirement Waiver (available at Handbook of Operating Procedures 3.06)
- The University of Texas at Austin, Handbook of Operating Procedures 3.05, Retirement and Modified Service for Faculty Members
- The University of Texas at Austin, Handbook of Operating Procedures 3.01, Emeritus Titles; Perquisites and privileges of emeritus Faculty, Emeritus Administrative Officials and Other Retired Faculty
- College of Liberal Arts, Policy on Post-Retirement Employment of Faculty (DOC)
Please direct comments on the Procedures Guide to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: 6 August 2009