PERFORMING BLACKNESS SERIES: Fire and Ink III: Cotillion
A writers festival for GLBT people of African decent.
Sat, October 10, 2009 | Hilton Austin Hotel (Downtown Convention Center) Austin, Texas
PERFORMING BLACKNESS SERIES: Fire & Ink III: Cotillion
Save the Date now for Fire and Ink III: Cotillion
October 8-11, 2009
Fire & Ink Mission Statement
Fire & Ink is recognized as the most influential supporter and advocate for GLBT writers of African descent.
Fire & Ink is devoted to increasing the understanding, visibility and awareness of the works of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender writers of African descent and heritage. In order to achieve this important mission Fire & Ink may:
- Sponsor biennially an internationally focused forum for the scholarly and professional examination and celebration of black GLBT writing and publishing. The proceedings of this forum will be published and distributed.
- Advocate for increased inclusion of such GLBT works in libraries, academic curricula and bookstores.
- Organize workshops that nurture and strengthen GLBT writers and publishers of African descent and heritage.
- Publish a review of writing by GLBT writers of African descent and heritage.
Writers and readers and lovers
of the word take note:
Shake out your finest words.
Get ready to shimmy
'til your line breaks.
Fire and Ink III: Cotillion
is almost here!
For more information and a complete schedule regarding Fire and Ink III: Cotillion please visit http://2009.fireandink.org/
Sponsored by: Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice, The University of Texas/John L. Warfield Center for African and African American Studies, and allgo
- Black Studies at UT
- African Studies
- Warfield Center Collections
- Alumni & Giving
John L. Warfield Center for African and African American Studies
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas, 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: