Teaching Positions Available for 2013-2014
Posted: September 28, 2012
The Center for Asian American Studies is seeking Assistant Instructors (AIs) and Lecturers for the 2013-2014 academic year. We are especially interested in classes that focus on these themes:
- Comparative Race
- Psychological Perspectives on Asian American Identity
- Globalization, Diaspora, and Transnationalism
- Popular Culture and Media
- Oral History Methodology
- Social Activism and Community Development
All Assistant Instructor applicants must have at least an MA in a related field, must have taken the 398T class, and be enrolled for at least 9 hours at UT-Austin during the semester they will be teaching. AI positions are reserved for graduate students. AIs can generally only teach lower-division classes. The open topic classes may be cross-racial and cross-disciplinary, but must have at least one-third Asian American content. Lecturers may teach upper-division classes. For lecturer positions, please see the position description here: http://facultyjobs.utexas.edu/ and search for the position under College of Liberal Arts for Asian American Studies.
To apply, please submit the following materials in hard copy to the Center for Asian American Studies, UT Austin, 1 University Station A2200, 78712:
1. A syllabus or course outline that includes: -Course description -Proposed reading list -Major topics covered -Goals and objectives -Course requirements 2. A current curriculum vitae 3. Teaching evaluations 4. Two signed letters of recommendation on letterhead for AIs (three for Lecturer applicants).
Please submit the above materials by Wednesday, October 31, 2012. If you have any questions regarding these positions, please contact Sona Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org.