CAAS Funding Requests
CAAS provides funding for student and Austin organizations. For student organizations to apply to request funding, the student organization must be affiliated with the University of Texas at Austin and in good standing with the university. Austin organization's should not be affiliated with a student organization. Generally, funds will be distributed to organizations planning events that center on Asian American issues pertaining to community, community service, cultural, educational, leadership development, social, and/or campus unity-building activities. Funding amounts are based on each organization’s needs.
Because of budgetary constraints, funding will be allocated towards events that support CAAS’s mission statement. Funding allocations may change year to year for co-sponsored events. Each student/Austin organization will most likely receive CAAS’s sponsorship once (1) per year, provided that the organization meets the application qualifications, submit supporting documents, and funding is available. Once an organization is granted co-sponsorship with CAAS the following MUST be met:
1. The Center for Asian American Studies requests that our name is referenced on all publicity materials listing co-sponsors.
2.Five minutes of face time at each event to publicize the Center.
3. In addition, the Center requires 3-5 representatives of each student organization sponsored to attend an Open House at the Center. These events are held once per semester, usually at noon, with refreshments. Faculty will be present to discuss the Center and its programs. We will contact you with the details.
4.The Center requests that each organization sponsored volunteer one hour at the Center during the semester that they receive an award. This arrangement needs to be set up before funds are transferred.
To apply, please fill out the form below and email it to Barbara C. Jann at email@example.com or turn in the printed copy to CAAS.
**Please Note: Co-Sponsorship will be reviewed by UT’s Audit and Endowment Compliance Committee. After CAAS approval, funding may not be granted by the university. Click for more information regarding university co-sponsorship procedures.
CAAS Funding/Co-Sponsorship Forms:
Co-sponsorship requirements for student organizations:
- Statement (preferably on organization letterhead) including request, budget, how money requested will be used.
- Statement of specific benefit of co-sponsorship to U.T.
- Statement of how U.T. specifically will receive recognition from the co-sponsorship (advertising).
- Name of President of organization and mailing address
- FEIN (Federal Employment Identification Number) for organization for payment purposes.
- Organization needs to know that this funding request is subject to approval by U.T.’s Office of Endowment Compliance. Even if it is approved by CAAS, it may not be approved by the U.T. Office of Endowment Compliance. This is a requirement only if an endowed account is used to pay for this request, which is usually the case with CAAS funding.
- CAAS asks that each student organization approved for funding allot time at their event for a CAAS representative to speak on behalf of CAAS. (aprox 3-5 minutes)