Rhonda Evans Case, Director HRC 3.362, Mailcode F1900, Austin, TX 78712 • 512-471-9607
Recent Publications on Australia and New Zealand
by Arthur Emerson, Australia/New Zealand Specialist at the Library of Congress This paper was recently presented at the ANZSANA conference in Georgetown. He has most generously provided a copy of this paper for us to share via our web site.
- The Other Special Relationship: The United States and Australia at the Start of the 21st Century
- Edited by Jeffrey D. McCausland, Douglas T. Stuart, William Tow, Michael Wesley
- This volume summarizes the major findings of U. S. and Australian strategic thinkers about "The Other Special Relationship." They gathered four times, on two continents, to discuss issues ranging from foreign policy, economics and business, domestics politics and public opinion, to security and defense affairs.
- To order a copy, go to: http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.army.mil/
- Multiethnic Australia: Its History and Future
- MacLeod, Celeste Lipow
- After once striving to keep its population white and predominantly British, Australia changed course. Since 1947 it has peacefully absorbed six million immigrants from some 240 countries, places and ethnic regions, with growing numbers coming from Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The book blends past and present to show why the change happened, the conflicts it caused and the benefits it brought.
- To order a copy, go to: http://www.multiethnicaustralia.com/