Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships
The Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies is seeking applicants for Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships contingent on receiving Title VI funding. The FLAS Fellowships will fund highly competitive graduate and undergraduate students for the study of regional foreign languages, including (but not limited to): Russian, Polish, Czech, Serbo-Croatian and Romani.
FLAS awards may be available for both academic year and summer studies.
These awards are contingent upon CREEES receiving Title VI funding, of which we will be notified in August/September.
For more information on Graduate FLAS Fellowships, please click here:
For more information on Undergraduate FLAS Fellowships, please click here:
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- Application form (pdf): Graduate application form ; Undergraduate application form
- Statement of purpose addressing how language study will aid your career and/or research goals, 2 pages, singe or double spaced.
- 2 letters of recommendation (one must be from a language instructor)
- UT Transcript (unofficial copies will be accepted)
- SAT (undergraduate) or GRE (graduate) scores; unofficial scores are acceptable.
Agnes Sekowski, CREEES (BUR 452)
Jenica Jones, CREEES (BUR 452)
This mailing address may also be used to have GRE or SAT Scores mailed, although we will accept unofficial copies.