Critical Language Scholarship 2014
Application Deadline: November 15th, 2013
Posted: September 27, 2013
Critical Language Scholarship Program for Summer 2014
This opportunity is available for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Fully Funded Summer Language Study
The CLS Program is an intensive overseas language program that lasts approximately 7-10 weeks each summer. This program covers the equivalent of a full year of university-level language study in thirteen critical languages, including Russian (intermediate and advanced levels only) and Azerbaijani (beginning through advanced levels).
CLS is part of a U.S. government effort to dramatically expand the number of Americans studying and mastering critical foreign languages. Participants are expected to continue their language study beyond the scholarship period, and later apply their critical language skills in their future professional careers.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. degree-granting program at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- All applicants must have completed at least their first year of university-level study by the beginning of the summer institute.
- Students in all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
All CLS Program costs* are covered for participants, including:
- round-trip domestic and international travel
- mandatory pre-departure orientation in Washington, DC
- applicable visa fees
- room and board
- 7-10 weeks of group-based intensive language instruction
- course materials
- all costs associated with the CLS cultural program
- a small living stipend
*Note: U.S. passport fees will not be paid by the scholarship.
U.S. undergraduate academic credit is offered through Bryn Mawr College.
Application deadline is November 15th, 2013 at 7 PM CST.
For more information and to access the application, please visit the CLS website. You may also contact them by email at <email@example.com> or call at (202) 833-7522.
Our very own Agnes Sekowski is an alumni of the program and is willing to answer any of your questions about the program by email at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.