Adornment and History: A Symposium on Georgian Arts and Culture
The symposium included a week of speakers and activities related to the Republic of Georgia. The highlight of the week was an exhibition of golden jewelry, which came from the Georgian Arts and Culture Center (GACC) in Tbilisi. The exhibition was partially underwritten by the International Financial Corporation (IFC) and the US Embassy in Tbilisi, and traveled to Austin after showings in New York and Washington, D.C.
- View the schedule of events (PDF, 409K)
- Read the abstract describing the exhibition
- View the text of the exhibit brochure with an archaeological history of Georgia
- View photographs from the exhibition Adornment and History: Ancient Georgia - Crossroad of Europe and Asia
- Download the March 2005 CREEES Newsletter, with articles on Georgian history and politics (PDF, 3.3MB)
- View a list of resources available from the CREEES office for learning more about Georgia