What is INSPIRE?
Since 2009, the INSPIRE program has served as UT’s signature leadership program for women undergraduates. INSPIRE Leadership is a three-year program (sophomore to senior) with three cohorts simultaneously developing skills necessary to achieve the highest levels of attainment in their chosen fields.
INSPIRE Leadership provides the participants the opportunity to gain the confidence and knowledge to express their voice in their community. INSPIRE is a direct channel through which the students can reach out to other people and make an impact by engaging in community service, and working with other young women in supportive and interdisciplinary environments. Our participants develop skills applicable to diverse social settings: critical thinking, public presentation, group motivation, and negotiation.Opportunities that the program offers are:
• Community service/leadership development
• Mentoring and networking
• Internship/career assistance
• Attending leadership conferences
Goals of INSPIRE
INSPIRE students are engaged at a personal level by addressing goal setting, hands-on experiences, and observation.
1. To bring young women together in a female-friendly environment that fosters support and community while encouraging appreciation for social diversity.
- Improvisational Classes
- Bimonthly meetings
2. To allow young women to gain first-hand experiences in leadership through community service, and service learning in supportive community settings.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Community activism
3. To give young women opportunities to interact with and learn from successful female mentors and role models from a variety of backgrounds.
- Meet powerful women leaders
- Attend the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders
4. To provide young women with the leadership skills needed to go on to achieve higher levels of attainment in their chosen fields.
- Career assistance
- Research support
5. To enrich the college experiences of the young women beyond those of their respective disciplines.
- Group Projects