THE GOALS OF INSPIRE WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP
INSPIRE students will be engaged at a personal level by addressing goal setting, hands-on experiences, and observation through the following experiences.
1. To bring young women together in a female-friendly environment that fosters support and community while encouraging appreciation for social diversity.
• Improvisational Classes
• Bimonthly meetings
2. To allow young women to gain first-hand experiences in leadership through community service, and service learning in supportive community settings.
• Volunteering opportunities
• Community activism
3. To give young women opportunities to interact with and learn from successful female mentors and role models from a variety of backgrounds.
• Meet powerful women leaders
• Attend a Texas or national conference
4. To provide young women with the leadership skills needed to go on to achieve higher levels of attainment in their chosen fields.
• Career assistance
• Research support
5. To enrich the college experiences of the young women beyond those of their respective disciplines.
• Group Projects
INSPIRE featured on UT's Know page.
Read the article here: http://www.utexas.edu/know/2011/04/25/inspire_women_leaders/
Support our programs
We invite all members of the community who are concerned with gender equity and the issues facing women, girls, and families to support our programs. You can invest in the Center and provide opportunities to students and faculty through either planned giving or outright gifts that often carry special tax incentives
- Please call CWGS at (512) 471-5765 if you are interested in supporting programs like INSPIRE.