Applying to NEW Leadership™ Texas
Deadline is March 2, 2014
At NEW Leadership™ Texas, you will:
- Meet successful women leaders;
- Develop leadership skills;
- Learn how to make change through politics;
- Network with diverse, dynamic women.
Who should apply?
- Undergraduate women enrolled in any Texas college or university for 2013-2014, or are graduating in May 2014;
- Texas residents attending out-of-state schools;
- All majors are welcome;
- Women of color and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply.
NEW Leadership™ Texas is free to attend for selected students. Housing, food, and all program materials are provided for the full six days of the program. Each participating college and university will be asked to contribute a $500 program fee per student to help offset programming costs.
We are committed that our participant body is diverse in race, ethnicity, socieconomic status, age, ability, sexual orientation and educational background. We strongly encourage women of color, nontraditional college women, women with disabilities, and women majoring in fields outside political science to apply.
NEW Leadership™ Texas participants are expected to attend all summer institute sessions and live in the residence halls during the entire program.