(In addition to the UNIVERSITY CORE REQUIREMENTS & COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS REQUIREMENTS) See Liberal Arts Degree Plans
MAJOR: WOMENʼS & GENDER STUDIES (30 HOURS, INCLUDING 18 UPPER-DIVISION & 18 IN RESIDENCE)
- 3 hours from list of approved Research Methods courses:**
- WGS 301 Introductory Topics in Womenʼs & Gender Studies
- 6 hours in WGS 340 Cross-Cultural Topics in Womenʼs & Gender Studies
- 3 hours of approved WGS courses in Feminist Theory:**
- 3 hours from: WGS 379L Internship in Womenʼs & Gender Studies OR WGS 360 Research and Thesis in Womenʼs & Gender Studies
- WGS 379S Senior Seminar
- 9 hours of additional WGS (at least 6 hours upper-division)*
- MINOR: 12 hours (including 6 hours upper-division and 6 hours in residence) in any one other field of study at the university.
** A list of courses that satisfy this requirement is available online here.
*It is recommended that six hours from the major be taken in WGS courses outside of Liberal Arts