Co-sponsoring events with CWGS
If you are an individual, unit, department, center, campus or student organization - we will accept proposals to co-sponsor your event.
What we can do:
-send information to our student and faculty list serves
-ask one of our work-studies to help design a flyer for the event in Photoshop
-for student organizations, co-sponsor with up to $200
-post flyers up around campus
-assist with reserving a room
What we cannot do:
-handle other monetary transactions
-assist with an off campus or non-academic event
What we require:
-for student organizations, a request in writing for co-sponsorship with attached budget
-a clear set of expectations from the sponsored organization on what they would like from CWGS.
-the CWGS logo and "Center for Women's & Gender Studies" as a co-sponsor should be listed on any publicity materials for the event
-no last minute changes
A co-sponsorship is funding for a specific event where the University of Texas at Austin receives a benefit as well as recognition for the co-sponsorship. In the interests of academic freedom, the Center for Women's and Gender Studies co-sponsors a variety of student- and faculty-organized events. Views expressed by participants in any event do not represent the views or positions of CWGS, its Director, or staff.
Processing a payment for a co-sponsorship of an event or program requires the following:
Supporting documentation stating how the funds will be used.
- A statement of the benefit of the co-sponsorship to the university and a statement of how the university will receive recognition.
- A signature from the president, vice president, dean, or director for approval.
- Payment is normally processed on a VP2 document using a 1535 object code.
- Use of a non-state account. Such payment may be made from a non-centrally funded 19- or 29-account or an appropriate gift or agency account.
- Use of a sponsored project (26-Account) will need to have approval from Sponsored Projects Award Administration (SPAA). A Co-Sponsorship Approval Form for Sponsored Projects will need to be completed and attached to the payment document that is sent to Accounts Payable.
- Verification with the accountant assigned to the account that co-sponsorships are allowable.