CWGS Co-Sponsorship Policy
A co-sponsorship is funding for a specific event for which The University of Texas at Austin receives a benefit as well as recognition for the co-sponsor (CWGS). In the interests of academic freedom, the Center for Women's & Gender Studies co-sponsors a variety of student- and faculty-organized events. Views expressed by participants in these events do not necessarily represent the views or positions of CWGS, its Director, Associate Director, or staff.
The Center for Women’s & Gender Studies will accept requests for co-sponsorships. To support your request, please include the following:
- A budget with suggested levels of co-sponsorship, or specific assistance the Center can provide.
- A clear statement of how the Center would benefit from the co-sponsorship; i.e., How does the event align with the values and mission of the Center?
What we can do:
- send information to our student and faculty listservs ;
- ask one of our work-study students to help design a flyer for the event in Photoshop
- post flyers around campus
- assist with reserving a room
What we cannot do:
- serve alcohol ; sell books ; or handle other monetary transactions
- assist with an off-campus or non-academic event
What we ask in return:
All publicity for the event should include the statement “Co-sponsored by the Center for Women’s & Gender Studies” and the CWGS logo.
If you have any questions about CWGS co-sponsoring an event, please call 512-471-5765.