Associate Faculty — Ph. D., University of Illinois, Urbana
- E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Zhu earned her Ph.D. in civil engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2006 before joining the faculty of The University of Texas at Austin in September 2007.
Dr. Zhu's research focuses on developing non-destructive testing (NDT) and innovative sensing techniques to locate internal flaws and assess the condition of concrete structures without causing damage. She has developed non-contact NDT methods for evaluation of concrete structures and pavements using microphones. She is currently interested in rapid NDT scanning and imaging of infrastructure, early age concrete property monitoring, and wireless structural health monitoring.
- Non-destructive testing of concrete structures, pavements, and deep foundations
- Structural dynamics and health monitoring
- Wave propagation and soil dynamics
- Advanced sensing techniques for infrastructure