Associate Faculty — Ph. D.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
My main research focus is on developing compiler algorithms, runtime systems, and tools that enable programmers to use a high-level programming style and modern languages, and yet still achieve high performance on uniprocessor and multiprocessor architectures. I am particularly interested in effectively using processor memory hierarchies, and in memory management.
I am very interested in future architectures and their compilers that are a better match to current and future technology limits and constraints. Explicit Dataflow Graph Execution (EDGE) is the approach we are pursuing.
- DaCapo: Dynamic Cooperative Performance Optimization for Java
- Jikes RVM: An open-source virtual machine. Most of our tools, garbage collectors, etc. for Java are implemented in Jikes RVM or posted as patches against the research archive.
- TRIPS: An EDGE architecture
- PASS: Perpetually Avaliable Software Systems (web page tba)