Alma Jackie Salcedo (CWGS Academic Coordinator) has been elected to participate in the NWSA Women of Color Leadership Project
Posted: June 21, 2011
Alma Jackie Salcedo
Established in 2000, the Women of Color Leadership Project is a joint initiative of the NWSA Women of Color Caucus, the Program Administration and Development Committee, and the Women’s Centers Committee.
The Women of Color Leadership Project is designed to
1. Increase the number of women of color students and faculty within the field of women’s studies and women’s centers
2. Have an impact on the levels of participation and power by women of color in all levels of the Association, particularly in the Program Administration and Development Committee, the Women’s Center’s Committee, the Women of Color Caucus, NWSA’s governance structure, and in the field of women’s studies and women’s centers as a whole. You are joining an impressive and involved network.
Recent participants have gone on to:
· Become women’s studies program chairs
· Run as successful candidates for NWSA elected leadership positions
· Organize a national student pre-conference to coincide with the NWSA annual meeting
As a WoCLP participant, Alma will receive complimentary NWSA membership for 2011 as well as complimentary pre-conference and general conference registrations.