Applications for our Master's Programs must be received by December 15th
Be sure to read all pages of the "Graduate Program" section on our website, and the instructions provided by the Graduate and International Admissions Center on this website: http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/howtous.html
Posted: December 11, 2012
Thank you for your interest in Women's and Gender Studies! Click on this link to read our letter to potential applicants. Be sure to read all pages of the "Graduate Program" section on our website, and the instructions provided by the Graduate and International Admissions Center on this website: http://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/howtous.html
In our admissions process for the MA program we are guided both by the scholarly commitments of our interdisciplinary faculty and by the requirements for success in a two-year program. We are looking for application materials which illustrate your:
* Understanding of the field of Women's & Gender Studies;
* Understanding of and commitment to resisting interlocking oppressions;
* Commitment to antiracist feminist practice;
* Scholarly connection with the work of one or more CWGS affiliate faculty members, including connections with the Embrey Women's Human Rights Initiative; and
* Concept of the research you will carry out during the two-year program for your thesis (this of course may change, but your ability to describe an idea indicates your ability to define and complete projects).
There are many different ways to indicate your understanding of these concepts and strategies; we look forward to learning about your interests!