May News from Your Librarian:
Congratulations on the end of the semester!
Posted: May 25, 2013
Cover of Encyclopedia, V. 2, a literary experiment from Tisa Bryant et al.
1. Graduating? Learn how to access UT Library resources after you graduate and how to keep up with WGS using library and open access resources: http://blogs.lib.utexas.edu/undergraduates/?page_id=668.These resources support graduates of both undergraduate and graduate programs! General access processes are at the top of the page; scroll down for resources of particular use to Women’s and Gender Studies program graduates.
2. Looking for a well-deserved break? Check out these new arrivals:
* Toxic Flora: Poems, by Kimiko Hahn (Norton, 2011): winner of an award from the Asian American Writers’ Workshop
* When the Only Light Is Fire, poems by Saeed Jones (Sibling Rivalry Press, 2011): winner of a Cave Canem Prize
* Red Doc>, a novel in poetry by Anne Carson (Knopf, 2013), sequel to Autobiography of Red
* Desdemona, a play speaking back to Othello, by Toni Morrison (Oberon Books, 2012)
* Encyclopedia, edited by Tisa Bryant, Miranda Mellis, and Kate Schatz (Encyclomedia, 2006), this literary experiment in queer, critical race, and feminist narrative offers an excitement of new images, poems, and essays from authors including Rebecca Brown, Deb Olin Unferth, Eileen Myles, Samuel R. Delaney, Samiya Bashir, and more. Take this home and explore it!
Working on research or teaching projects over the summer? Send questions my way!
- Kristen Hogan, Women’s & Gender Studies Librarian