High School Reading List
Selected High School Reading List
A resource for educators
Prepared and edited by Lucia A. Gilbert, Jeanne Schillaci, and Heather B. Caldwell, assisted by Lydian Reed, among others.
Department of Educational Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin
From materials provided by Lucia A. Gilbert, Ph.D., and other faculty affiliated with the Women's and Gender Studies Program at The University of Texas at Austin
- Teaching Resources
- U. S. Literature
- British Literature
- World Literature
- Autobiographies and Biographies: U. S.
- Autobiographies and Biographies: British
- Autobiographies and Biographies: World
- Autobiographies and Biographies: U. S., British, & World
- Autobiographies and Biographies: Women in Science
- U. S. History
- World History
- Economics/Political Science/Management
- Current Social Issues
- Classic Readings for Women's Studies
Notes: (NF) = non-fiction, (F) = fiction
Book descriptions were provided by the editors of the reading list and Affiliates of the Women's and Gender Studies Program at UT Austin. All books were well-reviewed in respected educational publications and were selected on the basis of possible relevance to the high school curriculum. Unless noted otherwise as hardback [HB], all books are available in paperback. Categories for the Table of Contents were selected to parallel the Texas public school curriculum.
July 20, 1994, second edition
Women'sand Gender Studies Program, (512) 471-5765