Job Search Boot Camp
Thu, May 20, 2010 • 12:00 PM • FAC 18
If you are graduating this semester or later this year, sign up for our job search crash course: Beyond the Tower Boot Camp. Our boot camp offers a quick and easy way to get all the information you need in one afternoon. Arrive with a pen and paper, leave with a career plan.
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2010
Time: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: GAR 2.128
Beyond the Tower Boot Camp is a 4-hour intensive job search training program designed to help you:
- present your academic and professional interests and strengths to recruiters;
- craft compelling resumes and cover letters;
- improve your interviewing and networking skills; and
- explore various career research and job posting sites.
12:00 PM Free pizza lunch and presentation: "Marketing Your Liberal Arts Degree"
1:00 PM Writing Compelling Resumes and Cover Letters
2:00 PM Secrets of Successful Interviewing & Networking
3:30 PM The Job Search Process
How to Sign Up
Seating is limited. To reserve your space, register through BTT Gateway or e-mail your RSVP by sending your name, major, and UTEID to firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
- Marketing Your Liberal Arts Degree - Designed to help you better understand the value of your liberal arts degree, and to provide you the tools to help articulate your strengths to employers.
- Resumes & Cover Letters - Learn how to write a resume and cover letter that will get an employer's attention and perhaps lead to an interview!
- Interviewing & Networking - Walk away with an interview strategy to help you get that job you want, as well as relationship-building skills that will assist you in creating strong social networks.
- The Job Search - Not sure how to research your employment options? We'll equip you with the resources and information to get started!