Economist James Galbraith and Yanis Varoufakis of the LBJ School of Public Affairs are organizing a two-day symposium that will be live webcast from http://www.ustream.tv/channel/utaustin Nov 4-5 to examine alternative policies to keep the Eurozone intact.
More information at http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/events/2013/eurozone
The meeting will feature:
- Yves Leterme, Deputy Secretary-General of the OECD,
- Monica Frassoni, co-President of the European Green Party,
- and Alexis Tsipras, Leader of the Opposition in Greece.
Experts on labor, finance and European policy, including:
- Stuart Holland, an architect of the European Union,
- Heiner Flassbeck, former senior adviser to German Finance Minister Oskar Lafontaine,
- and Jorge Braga De Macedo, former Finance Minister of Portugal.
American participants will include:
- Robert Kuttner of The American Prospect,
- Landon Thomas of The New York Times,
- Richard Parker of Harvard,
- Michael Lind of the New America Foundation,
- and Damon Silvers, Policy Director of the AFL-CIO.