Deadline for Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange is December 1
German fluency not required
Posted: November 17, 2009
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is currently accepting applications from your students and recent graduates who are interested in living, studying, and interning in Germany on a full-year, funded fellowship. CBYX is sponsored by the US and German governments for applicants in all career fields between the ages of 18-24, and does not require any prior German language knowledge! Applicants in business, vocational, technical, engineering, scientific, and agricultural fields are especially encouraged to apply.
75 participants are annually awarded the CBYX fellowship to spend a year studying and working in their career fields while completely immersed in German language and culture. Please forward this email to ideal candidates among your students and young alumni, who can find more information at www.CBYX.info.
The CBYX for Young Professionals fellowship includes:
* two months of intensive German language training (prior German language knowledge is not required, but preferred)
* four months of study in the participant's career field at a German college or university
* five-month internship in the participant's career field with a German company
* accommodations living with German hosts, in shared apartments, and in student dorms
* transatlantic airfare and monthly food stipends
* health/accident insurance
* various program seminars in the United States and Germany
* support throughout the program year by local program representatives
* US citizen or permanent resident
* between the ages of 18-24 at the start of the program in July 2010
* high school diploma or equivalent
* clear career goals and some relevant work experience in career field
* strong interest in German and international affairs, and a strong sense of American identity
* flexibility, independence, and diplomacy
Application deadline is December 1, 2009 for the program beginning in July 2010. For more information, and to apply online, visit: www.CBYX.info. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-497-3522.