Faculty Research Travel Funds for European Topics
Application Deadline November 15
Posted: October 5, 2010
The Center for European Studies has 4 research travel funds available: 2 international research travel awards for $2,000, 2 national research travel awards for $1,000.
If you wish to apply for these funds, please submit the following by Nov. 15th to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a one-page, single-spaced description of the proposed research you plan to do and the project it serves. (Please, do NOT submit more than a single page narrative.)
- a one-page budget for funds.
- a list of any other research funds available to you (professorships, endowment funds, COLA-awarded funds, and the like).
- a standard form of CV used at UT.
Eligibility and Priorities:
1) Funds are available only to tenured and tenure-track faculty.
2) Funds are for travel-related research (these are not funds, for instance, to cover attending a workshop, conference, symposium, or the like).
3) Assistant and Associate professors working on significant research projects will have priority, although full professors are encouraged to apply.
4) Faculty who do not have access to other available research funds will have priority (that is to say, these are not funds for professors with chairs, professorships, established endowment funds, the 3-year competitive research funding awarded through COLA, and the like).
5) Research for the funds must be dedicated to European topics. For international travel, scholars must be doing their work in Europe.
6) Funds can be used only for travel-related costs (airfares, hotels, and the like). All international travel must comply with the Department of Education restrictions (CES can assist awardees in locating airlines approved for international travel by the Department of Education.)
For further questions, contact Douglas Biow, Director, The Center for European Studies (email@example.com).