Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Volume 25, 1987 
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. At present, the General Linguistics online index
includes volumes 24 (1986 ) through 43 (2005 ). It
is possible that earlier volumes may be indexed, in the future,
but higher priority will be given to indexing later volumes as
they are published and time & resources permit.
- Bammesberger, Alfred, "Old High German 'Breton' and Old English '(A)bre(o)dwian'," p. 4.
- Mahler, Marguerite A., "Delineating Temporal Structures in French," p. 8.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "A Note on the Origin of the IE o-Stem Vocative in *-e," p. 23.
- Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., "Gotica XX," p. 71.
- Campagna, Kathleen Hamer, "Recognizing Alphabetics," p. 75.
- Malone, Joseph L., "Classical Mandaic Radical Metathesis, Radical Assimilation and the Devil's Advocate," p. 92.
- Malkiel, Yakov, "Jerzy Kurylowicz's Analysis of Old Spanish Conjugation Classes," p. 141.
- Aronson, Howard I., "On Aspect in Yiddish," p. 171.
- Malone, Joseph L., "On the Feminine Pronominalization of Irish and English Boat Nouns," p. 189.
- Levin, Saul, "The Significance of Dialect Words in Greek Literature V. xpan and xphethai/xpaethai in Atticistic Texts," p. 211.
- Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., "Gothic Lexicography. Part II," p. 218.
- De Wolf, Charles M., "Case Markings, Causatives, and Constituency: A Non-Transformational Approach," p. 236.
- Geraghty, The History of the Fijian Languages. Reviewed by Lynch, John, p. 34.
- Bickerton, Roots of Language. Reviewed by Levin, Saul, p. 41.
- Gans, The Origin of Language: A Formal Theory of Representation. Reviewed by Kess, Joseph F., p. 50.
- Kalogjera, The English Modals and their Equivalents in Serbo-Croatian. Reviewed by Conrad, Joseph L., p. 55.
- Collison, A History of Foreign-Language Dictionaries. Reviewed by Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., p. 57.
- Klimov, Principy Kontensivnoj Tipologii. Reviewed by Schmalstieg, William R., p. 60.
- De Sivers, ed., La Main et Les Doights dans L'Expression Linguistique. Reviewed by Jergers, B., p. 123.
- Bammesberger, Lateinische Sprachwissenschaft. Reviewed by Baldi, Philip, p. 128.
- Bammesberger, A Sketch of Diachronic English Morphology. Reviewed by Thomson, Robert L., p. 133.
- Scaglione, ed., The Emergence of National Languages. Reviewed by Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., p. 199.
- Broderick, A Handbook of Late Spoken Manx. Reviewed by Thomson, Robert L., p. 202.
- Zeps, The Placenames of Latgola: A Dictionary of East Latvian Toponyms. Reviewed by Schmalstieg, William R., p. 206.
- Leith, A Social History of English. Reviewed by Algeo, John, p. 273.
- Casagrande, The Sound System of French. Reviewed by Azoulay-Vicente, Avigail, p. 276.