Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Volume 30, 1992 
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. At present, the General Linguistics online index
includes volumes 24 (1986 ) through 43 (2005 ). It
is possible that earlier volumes may be indexed, in the future,
but higher priority will be given to indexing later volumes as
they are published and time & resources permit.
- Lehmann, Winfred P., "The Current Thrust of Indo-European Studies," p. 1.
- Malkiel, Yakov, "In Search of Nortwest Tyrrhenian Latinity: The Spread of Medieval Catalan àvol <> habile Across the Iberian Peninsula," p. 53.
- Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., "'Inter Eils Goticum...'," p. 74.
- Liberman, Anatoly, "Etymological Studies III: Some Germanic Words Beginning with fl-. Language at Play," p. 81.
- Taylor, Marvin, "The Etymology of the Germanic Tribal Name Eruli," p. 108.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "Comments on the Relative Markers of Indo-European," p. 143.
- Levin, Saul, "Comparative Grammar of Indo-European and Semitic: Is This the Right Time?" p. 152.
- Krippes, Karl A., "The Mongol-Tungusic Relationship: A Historiography," p. 165.
- Smirnitskij, A. I., "Rhotacism in Old English and West Germanic Loss of *z," p. 197.
- Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., "The Question of Visigothic Runic Inscriptions Re-examined," p. 207.
- Suzuki, Yasuko, "On the Unique Development of the Voiced Velar Fricative in Proto-Germanic," p. 215.
- Braune, Abriß der Althochdeutschen Grammatik mit Berücksichtigung des Altsächsischen. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 78.
- DeFrancis, Visible Speech. Reviewed by Krippes, Karl A., p. 126.
- Glinert, The Grammar of Modern Hebrew. Reviewed by Levin, Saul, p. 129.
- Bammesberger, ed., Die Laryngaltheorie und die Rekonstruktion des Indogermanischen Laut- und Formensystems. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 132.
- Lindeman, Introduction to the 'Laryngeal Theory'. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 132.
- Kedaitiene, Vvedenie V Slavjanskuju Filologiju. Reviewed by Schmalstieg, William R., p. 188.
- Held, Schmalstieg, & Gertz, Beginning Hittite. Reviewed by Anderson, Paul Kent, p. 189.
- Malone, The Science of Linguistics in the Art of Translation: Some Tools from Linguistics for the Analysis and Practice of Translation. Reviewed by O'Connor, M., p. 191.
- Partridge & Wilks, eds., The Foundations of Artificial Intelligence: A Sourcebook. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 231.
- Malkiel, Theory and Practice of Romance Etymology: Studies in Language, Culture and History. Reviewed by Levin, Saul, p. 236.
- Szemerényi, Einführung in die Vergleichende Sprachwissenschaft. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 239.
- Shevelov, The Ukrainian Language in the First Half of the Twentieth Century. Reviewed by Perfecky, George A., p. 243.