Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Volume 33, 1995 
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. At present, the General Linguistics online index
includes volumes 24 (1986 ) through 43 (2005 ). It
is possible that earlier volumes may be indexed, in the future,
but higher priority will be given to indexing later volumes as
they are published and time & resources permit.
- Malone, Joseph L., "Referring Expressions in Bound Position: Infraction of Principle C of the Binding Theory," p. 1.
- Oaks, Dallin D., "'Good Heavens!': An Old English Euphemism?" p. 57.
- Bauer, Brigitte L. M., "The Development of Latin Absolute Constructions: From Stative to Transitive Structures," p. 64.
- Justus, Carol F., "Mood Correspondances in Older Indo-European Prayer Petitions," p. 129.
- Liberman, Anatoly, "Etymological Studies VI. Some Obscure English Words (from the Files of An Analytic Dictionary of English Etymology)," p. 163.
- Bender, M. Lionel, "Are Global Etymologies Valid?" p. 191.
- Vrabie, Emil, "Aromanian Etymologies," p. 212.
- Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., "The -e- in Gothic aiwaggeljo," p. 220.
- Baade, Melchior Goldast von Haiminsfeld. Collector, Commentator, and Editor. Reviewed by Snyder, William H., p. 84.
- Aijmer & Altenberg, eds., English Corpus Linguistics: Studies in Honor of Jan Svartvik. Reviewed by McLain, Richard, p. 85.
- Nichols, Linguistic Diversity in Space and Time. Reviewed by Krippes, Karl A., p. 90.
- Bremmer, A Bibliographical Guide to Old Frisian Studies. Reviewed by Liberman, Anatoly, p. 101.
- Mayrhofer, Etymologisches Wörterbuch des Altindoarischen, Volume I, Fascicles 4-10. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 104.
- Meid, Gaulish Inscriptions. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 107.
- Van Kerckvoorde, An Introduction to Middle Dutch. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 109.
- Bremmer & Van Den Berg, eds., Current Trends in West Germanic Etymological Lexicography. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 111.
- Brogyanyi & Lipp, Historical Philology: Greek, Latin, and Romance. Papers in Honor of Oswald Szemerényi (II). Reviewed by Levin, Saul, p. 115.
- Glinert, ed., Hebrew in Ashkenaz: A Language in Exile. Reviewed by Levin, Saul, p. 118.
- Journal of Celtic Linguistics. Reviewed by Thomson, Robert L., p. 121.
- Rauch, The Old Saxon Language. Grammar, Epic Narrative, Linguistic Interferences. Reviewed by Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., p. 123.
- Hennig, Kleines Mittelhochdeutsches Wörterbuch. Reviewed by Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., p. 178.
- Paul, Deutsches Wörterbuch. Reviewed by Seymour, Richard K., p. 222.
- Sáenz-Badillos, A History of the Hebrew Language. Reviewed by Fellman, Jack, p. 238.
- Malone, Tiberian Hebrew Phonology. Reviewed by Levin, Saul, p. 239.
- Van Helden, Case and Gender. Concept Formation Between Morphology and Syntax. Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 243.