Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Volume 35, 1997 
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. At present, the General Linguistics online index
includes volumes 24 (1986 ) through 43 (2005 ). It
is possible that earlier volumes may be indexed, in the future,
but higher priority will be given to indexing later volumes as
they are published and time & resources permit.
- Brown, John Pairman, "The Linguistic Achievement of Saul Levin," p. 1.
- Brown, John Pairman, "Linguistic Publications of Saul Levin," p. 25.
- Lehmann, Winfred P., "Active Language Characteristics in Pre-Indo-European and Pre-Afro-Asiatic," p. 51.
- Ebbinghaus, Ernst A., "Wulfila's Script - Facts and Inferences," p. 81.
- Liberman, Anatoly, "Etymological Studies VII. A Small Animal Farm," p. 97.
- Levin, Eve, "Lay Religious Identity in Medieval Russia: The Evidence of Novgorod Birchbark Documents," p. 131.
- Nicholaisen, W. F. H., "Periodization in the History of English," p. 157.
- Williman, Daniel, "A Sad Moment for Official Rhetoric," p. 177.
- Levin, Saul, "The 'Queri' as the Primary Text of the Hebrew Bible," p. 181.
- Williams, A Paradigm Lost: The Linguistic Theory of Mikolaj Kruszewski. Reviewed by Liberman, Anatoly, p. 225.
- Kammenhuber, Kleine Schriften zum Altanatolischen und Indogermanischen. Reviewed by Justus, Carol F., p. 230.