Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Volume 37, 2000 
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. At present, the General Linguistics online index
includes volumes 24 (1986 ) through 43 (2005 ). It
is possible that earlier volumes may be indexed, in the future,
but higher priority will be given to indexing later volumes as
they are published and time & resources permit.
- Louden, Mark L., "Umlaut, Ablaut, and Phonetic Symbolism," p. 1.
- Stoffel, Gertraut Maria, "Gender and the Dot on the 'I' in German," p. 23.
- Markey, Tom, "Rheto-Celtic pnake-vitamulate = *ben(n)acos windamolatos," p. 37.
- Danylenko, Andrii, "The Genitive of Agent and the Instrumental of Means in Old Ukrainian: An Old Idea Worth Revising?" p. 41.
- Schulze, Wolfgang, "Towards a Typology of the Accusative Ergative Continuum," p. 71.
- Levin, Saul, "Lexical Methods in Afroasiatic or Hamito-Semitic," p. 157.
- Justus, Carol F., "On Language Grouping and Archeology," p. 183.
- Southern, Mark R. V., Sub-grammatical survival. Indo-European s-mobile and its regeneration in Germanic (1999). Reviewed by Iverson, Gregory K., p. 215.
- Ivanov, Vyacheslav V. & Brent Vine, eds., UCLA Indo-European Studies, Vol. I (1999). Reviewed by Lehmann, Winfred P., p. 218.
- Salmons, Joseph C. & Brian D. Joseph, eds., Nostratic. Sifting the Evidence (1998). Reviewed by Justus, Carol F., p. 220.
- Stevens, Christopher M., On the bifurcation and repression theories of Germanic and German (1998). Reviewed by Iverson, Gregory K., p. 226.
- Anreiter, Peter & Hermann M. Ölberg, eds., Wort-Text-Sprache und Kultur. Festschrift für Hans Schmeja zum 65. Geburtstag (1998). Reviewed by Justus, Carol F., p. 230.