Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Volume 38, 2001 
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. At present, the General Linguistics online index
includes volumes 24 (1986 ) through 43 (2005 ). It
is possible that earlier volumes may be indexed, in the future,
but higher priority will be given to indexing later volumes as
they are published and time & resources permit.
- Bastin, Yvonne (Musée Royal Afrique Centrale, Tervuren), "Les themes pour 'os' en Bantou: Perspectives diachroniques," p. 1.
- Heine, Bernd & Ulrike Claudi (Universität zu Köln), "On Split Word Order: Explaining Syntactic Variation," p. 41.
- Hewson, John & Derek Nurse (Memorial University of Newfoundland), "Chronogenetic Staging in the Swahili Verbal System," p. 75.
- Kuteva, Tania (Heinrich-Heine-Universität, Düsseldorf), "On the Diachronic Stability of Grammatical Categories," p. 109.
- Blommaert, Jan (Ghent University), "The Other Side of History: Grassroots Literacy and Autobiography in Shaba, Congo," p. 133.
- Meeuwis, Michael (University of Antwerp), "Missions and Linguistic Choice-making: The Case of the Capuchins in the Ubangi Mission (Belgian Congo) 1910-1945," p. 157.
- Batibo, Herman M. (University of Botswana), "The Proto-Bantu Cultural Vocabulary in Southern Bantu: The Case of Setswana," p. 189.
- Issa-Racine, Odile (Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales, Paris), "Le Mwaka De Kojani (Pemba)," p. 199.