Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 10, 1982
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Adrados, Francisco R., "The Archaic Structure of Hittite: The Crux of the Problem," p. 1.
- Andersen, Paul Kent, "On the Word Order Typology of the Shatapathabraahmana," p. 37.
- Bammesberger, Alfred, "On the Ablaut of Athematic Verbs in Indo-European," p. 43.
- Beekes, Robert S. P., "GAv. må, the PIE Word for 'Moon, Month,' and the Perfect Participle," p. 53.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "Designation of Females in Hittite," p. 65.
- Greene, Jesse Laurence, "Object-Verb and Verb-Object Sequences in Beowulf," p. 71.
- O'Brien, Steven, "Dioscuric Elements in Celtic and Germanic Mythology," p. 117.
- Shapiro, Michael, "Neglected Evidence of Dioscurism (Divine Twinning) in the Old Slavic Pantheon," p. 137.
- Winter, Werner, "Indo-European Words for 'Tongue' and 'Fish': A Reappraisal," p. 167.
- Hamp, Eric P., "'Arm, Shoulder'," p. 187.
- Hamp, Eric P., "Gothic inu, Greek áneu, OHG ânu 'Ohne'," p. 189.
- Hamp, Eric P., "On Greek ζ : *y-," p. 190.
- Mallory, James P., "Indo-European and Kurgan Fauna I: Wild Mammals," p. 193.
- Zanotti, David G., "The Evidence for Kurgan Wave One as Reflected by the Distribution of 'Old Europe' Gold Pendants," p. 223.
- Costello, John R., "The Absolute Construction in Indo-European: A Syntagmemic Reconstruction," p. 235.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "The Development of the PIE Feminine," p. 253.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "The Indo-European Origins of the Old Directive Case," p. 273.
- Mawet, Francine, "'Light' in Ancient Iranian," p. 283.
- Rauch, Irmengard, "Uses of the Germanic Past Perfect in Epic Backgrounding," p. 301.
- Yoshida, Kazuhiko, "Towards Word Order and Word Order Change in the Older Germanic Languages," p. 315.
- Greppin, John A. C., "Arm. tc- Gk. πτ-," p. 347.
- Hilmarsson, Jorundur, "Indo-European 'Tongue'," p. 355.