Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 12, 1984
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Bankoff, J. Arthur & Frederick A. Winter, "Northern Intruders in LH IIIC Greece: A View to the North," p. 1.
- Buchholz, Peter, "Religious Sculpture in Roman Germania and Adjacent Regions," p. 31.
- Râdulescu, Mircea-Mihai, "Illyrian, Thracian, Daco-Mysian, the Substratum of Romanian and Albanian," p. 77.
- Windfuhr, Gernot L., "The Word in Zoroastrianism," p. 133.
- Sergent, Bernard, "Three Notes on the Trifunctional Indo-European Marriage," p. 179.
- Hamp, Eric P., "Indo-European and Balto-Slavic 'Sheep'," p. 192.
- Rowlett, Ralph M., "Archaeological Evidence for Early Indo-European Chieftains," p. 193.
- Birnbaum, Henrik, "Indo-Europeans between the Baltic and the Black Sea," p. 235.
- Markey, Thomas L., "The Grammaticalization and Institutionalization of Indo-European Hand," p. 261.
- Smith, R. Morton, "What's in a Name (in Ancient India)?" p. 293.
- Cercignani, Fausto, "The Enfants Terribles of Gothic 'Breaking': hiri, aiththau, etc," p. 315.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "The IE Cognates of the Hittite ai- and au-Stems," p. 345.
- Oguibénine, Boris, "Cosmic Tree in Vedic and Tamil Mythology: Contrastive Analysis," p. 367.
- Hewson, John, "Resonant and High Vowel in Proto-Indo-European," p. 375.