Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 13, 1985
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Recent Russian Papers on the Indo-European Problem and the Ethnogenesis and Original Homeland of the Slavs," p. 1.
- Gamkrelidze, Thomas V. & V. V. Ivanov, "The Ancient Near East and the Indo-European Question: Temporal and Territorial Characteristics of Proto-Indo-European Based on Linguistic and Historico-Cultural Data," p. 3.
- Gamkrelidze, Thomas V. & V. V. Ivanov, "The Migrations of Tribes Speaking Indo-European Dialects from Their Original Homeland in the Near East to Their Historical Habitations in Eurasia," p. 49.
- D'Iakonov, I. M., "On the Original Homeland of the Speakers of Indo-European," p. 92.
- Gamkrelidze, Thomas V. & V. V. Ivanov, "The Problem of the Origianl Homeland of the Speakers of Indo-European Languages in Response to I. M. Diakonoff's Article," p. 175.
- Gimbutas, Marija, "Primary and Secondary Homeland of the Indo-Europeans: Comments on the Gamkrelidze-Ivanov Articles," p. 185.
- Trubachev, O. N., "Linguistics and Ethnogenesis of the Slavs: The Ancient Slavs as Evidenced by Etymology and Onomastics," p. 203.
- Sochacki, Zdzislaw, "The Relationship between the Baden Culture and the South-East European Cultures," p. 257.
- Adams, Douglas Q., "Designations of the Cervidae in Proto-Indo-European," p. 269.
- Dieterle, Richard L., "The Hidden Warrior: The Social Code of the Volundarkviða," p. 283.
- Linke, Uli, "Blood as Metaphor in Indo-European," p. 333.
- Kaiser, M. & V. Shevoroshkin, "On Indo-European Laryngeals and Vowels," p. 377.
- Golab, Zbigniew, "Slavic komon' and kon' 'equus': An Attempt at Etymology against the Background of the History of Domestication," p. 415.
- Salmons, Joseph C., "Methods of Prehistorical Dialect Grouping: The Role of Lexical Data in the Germanic Ausgliederung," p. 445.
- Bammesberger, Alfred, "The Provenance of the Germanic Stem-Shape *habd-," p. 467.
- Campanile, Enrico, "Old Irish Boand," p. 477.