Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 14, 1986
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Zanotti, David G., "The Evidence of Kurgan Wave III in the Mediterranean," p. 1.
- Wojtilla, Gy., "Notes on Indo-Aryan Terms for 'Ploughing' and 'Plough'," p. 27.
- Bader, Françoise, "An IE Myth of Immersion-Emergence," p. 39.
- Grottanelli, Cristiano, "Yoked Horses, Twins, and the Powerful Lady: India, Greece, Ireland and Elsewhere," p. 125.
- Kortlandt, Frederick, "Proto-Indo-European Tones?" p. 153.
- Schmalstieg, William R., "The Ergative Function of the PIE Genitive," p. 161.
- Orr, Robert, "Some Developments in Final Syllables in Slavic - A New Synthesis," p. 173.
- Jasanoff, Jay H., "Reply to Orr," p. 183.
- Kortlandt, Frederick, "Comments on R. Orr's View," p. 184.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "A Note on Thraco-Phrygian Numbers," p. 185.
- Bomhard, Allan R., "An Etymological Note: PIE *Hs-tér- 'Star'," p. 191.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Papers by Japanese Indo-Europeanists: An Introductory Note," p. 193.
- Izui, Hisanosuke, "Indo-European Perfect and the Hittite Verbal System," p. 195.
- Hirunuma, Toshio, "The Dialects of Ancient Northern Italy," p. 205.
- Yoshioka, Jiro, "The Influence of the Latin Version of the Bible on the Gothic Version in the Case of Prepositions," p. 219.
- Ohkuma, Keishiro, "Kingship in Ancient Ireland," p. 231.
- Doi, Toshio, "Verbal Nouns in Longes Mac nUisnig," p. 247.
- Mizutani, Hiroshi, "Welsh Lenition and the Function of Pre-Verbal Particles," p. 259.
- Murata, Ikuo, "The O-Stem Nom.-Acc. Sg. Form and the Fate of Neuter Nouns in East Baltic," p. 273.
- Kazama, Kiyozo, "A Phase of the History of Indic," p. 289.
- Bonfante, Giuliano, "The Tocharian Accent (A and B)," p. 301.
- Brosman, Paul W., Jr., "Lat. fides and the i-Stems with Nom. Sg. es," p. 337.
- Kaiser, M. & V. Shevoroshkin, "Inheritance v. Borrowing in IE, Kartvelian, and Semitic," p. 365.
- Schmalstieg, William R., "Slavic Auslautsgesetze Revisited," p. 379.