Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 16, 1988
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Villar, F., "On the 2nd Person Singular Pronoun in Hittite and in Indo-European," p. 1.
- Oshiro, Terumasa, "The Relative Conjunctions in Hieroglyphic Luwian," p. 9.
- Austefjord, Anders, "On the Oldest Type of Aorists in Indo-European," p. 23.
- Greppin, John A. C., "The Various Aloës in Ancient Times," p. 33.
- Markey, Thomas L., "Eurasian 'apple' as Arboreal Unit and Item of Culture," p. 49.
- Adams, Douglas Q., "The Indo-European Words for Hair: Reconstructing a Semantic Field," p. 69.
- Pâvulescu, Adrian, "The Name of the 'Great Bear'," p. 95.
- Hamp, Eric P., "*sor- 'woman' and 'Indo-Hittite'," p. 121.
- Knobloch, Von Johann, "'Female Speech' in Greek, Armenian, and Albanian," p. 123.
- Jezich, Mislav, "The Transfer of Divine Attributes in the Rksamhita," p. 127.
- York, Michael, "Romulus and Remus, Mars and Quirinus," p. 153.
- Sayers, William, "An Irish Perspective on Ibn Fadlan's Description of Rus Funeral Ceremonial," p. 173.
- Hamp, Eric P., "On Indo-European Marriage in Old English," p. 183.
- Sochacki, Zdzislaw, "The Ezero Culture and the Invasions of the Steppe People," p. 185.
- Della Volpe, Angela, "Hillfort Nomenclature in Indo-European: The Case of Latin urbs," p. 195.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "Sir William Jones and the Position of Germanic," p. 209.
- Bammesberger, Alfred, "The Paradigm of ja-Verbs in Germanic," p. 233.
- Shields, Kenneth, Jr., "Tense, Linguistic Universals, and the Reconstruction of Indo-European," p. 241.
- Drinka, Bridget, "Evidence for the Space-Time Hypothesis: The IE S-Aorist," p. 253.
- Olmsted, Garrett, "The Use of Ordinal Numerals on the Gaulish Coligny Calendar," p. 267.
- Sayers, William, "Cerrce, An Archaic Epithet of the Dagda, Cernunnos and Conall Cernach," p. 341.
- Wescott, Roger W., "Derogatory Use of the Marginal Phoneme /b/ in Proto-Indo-European," p. 365.
- Zimmer, Stefan, "On Dating Indo-European: A Call for Honesty," p. 371.