Hans C. Boas, Director :: PCL 5.556, 1 University Station S5490 :: Austin, TX 78712 :: 512-471-4566
Table of Contents
Journal of Indo-European Studies
Volume 18, 1990
Articles are listed in page order, followed by reviews (if
any). The creator of this new Table of Contents has attempted
to "standardize" author names (e.g., by providing first names
where only initials appeared); corrections are welcome.
N.B. Our Journal of Indo-European Studies online index
includes volumes 1 (1973) through 38 (2010). When we began
publishing our index, JIES maintained no index of its
own; but now that JIES has begun publishing an index, we
anticipate that volume 38 will be the last in our series.
- Machnik, Jan, "The Kurgan Culture and Its Substratum in the Carpathian Zone," p. 1.
- Mallory, James P., "Social Structure in the Pontic-Caspian Eneolithic: A Preliminary Review," p. 15.
- Kalicz-Schreiber, Rozsa, "Symbolic Representations on Early Bronze Age Vessels," p. 59.
- Telegin, D. Ya., "Iranian Hydronyms and Archaeological Cultures in the Eastern Ukraine," p. 109.
- Kortlandt, Frederick, "The Spread of the Indo-Europeans," p. 131.
- Zimmer, Stefan, "On Indo-Europeanization," p. 141.
- Della Volpe, Angela, "From the Hearth to the Creation of Boundaries," p. 157.
- Steiner, Gerd, "The Immigration of the First Indo-Europeans into Anatolia Reconsidered," p. 185.
- Jones-Bley, Karlene, "So That Fame Might Live Forever - The Indo-European Burial Tradition," p. 215.
- Gimbutas, Marija, "The Social Structure of Old Europe: Part 2-4," p. 225.
- Robbins Dexter, Miriam, "The Hippomorphic Goddess and Her Offspring," p. 285.
- Kosko, Alexander, "The Migration of Steppe and Forest-Steppe Communities into Central Europe," p. 309.
- Polomé, Edgar C., "The Indo-Europeanization of Northern Europe: The Linguistic Evidence," p. 331.
- Rimantiené, Rimuté & Gintautas Chesnys, "The Late Globular Amphora Culture and Its Creators in the East Baltic Area from Archaeological and Anthropological Points of View," p. 339.
- Butrimas, Adomas & Gintautas Chesnys, "The Emergence of the Pamariu (Baltic Coastal) Group of Indo-Europeans According to Archaeological and Anthropological Data," p. 359.
- Barber, Paul T., "Cremation," p. 379.
- Huld, Martin E., "The Linguistic Typology of the Old Europe Substrate in North Central Europe," p. 389.
- Hicks, Harry H. & Robert N. Anderson, "Analysis of an Indo-European Vedic Aryan Head - 4500-2500 B.C." p. 425.